After lots of trouble and searching for Linux drivers to get the printserver in the Synology DS209 to work properly I had given up on wireless printing at home. Being bored tonight though, I got into my hea to give it another try since I had a Diskstation Manager update for my NAS.
After the update I figured what the heck, lets see if they’ve added some more options that I can tweak and what do you know, there was!
So, to get this working I:
- Plugged printer USB into the DS209
- Open the external devices in the Diskstation Manager
- Mark the printer in the list and click Usb printer manager -> setup printer
- Use Network MFP (this wasn’t here when I last tried!)
- I enabled AirPrint (Haven’t seen this before either!)
- Setup Brand to HP and Driver to HP Photosmart 7150
- Add printer and install any needed drivers on computer
The 5280 still isn’t officially supported it seems but now I’m printing from both my Mac, Hack and Windows machines without problems. Next fight is scanning :)