- Set up basic .NET core MVC project
- Add models, database and migrations with code first
- Add API Controller to view model data
- Add data localisation for models using iQuarc.DataLocalization
We will be using a simple domain of a taking a Course and each Course consists of many Skills. Both Course and Skill data needs to be localised to different languages. We will keep the models super simple and only give them a Title and Name property.
This is the first part. If you already know about models, migrations and controllers, move on to part 4: Add data localisation for models using iQuarc.DataLocalization.
Set up basic dotnet core MVC project
1. Launch Visual Studio and select:
2. File -> New -> Project ->
3. In left hand menu choose: Visual C# -> .NET core
4. In main window choose: ASP.NET Core Web Application
5. Enter project name and details as you wish or just click “Ok”
6. Select Web Application (Model View Controller)
Great job, now you can move on to part 2: Add models, database and migrations with code first.